The Wittenham branch of the W.I. has published its programme of events for the year ahead (see below). This year is its 70th anniversary and it is keen to welcome new members, particularly younger women.
If you have ever wondered why you should join the W.I., here are a few of the benefits:
- Have fun and make new friends
- Get to know like-minded women in the village
- Access to County Federation and national events
- Eleven monthly W.I. meetings plus the opportunity to take part in any additional events, trips, clubs and activities your W.I. may run
- Eight issues a year of the W.I. membership magazine, W.I. Life
- Regular newsletters and mailings to keep you up-to-date with all the news and events from your federation and the NFWI (National Federation of Women’s Institutes)
- Have your voice heard – make a real impact on local, national and international issues
- Opportunities to learn, develop and pass on new skills
- Be a part of something special: the W.I. is the largest voluntary women’s organisation in the UK
- Access to a members only website that has lots of resources, including recipes, patterns, gardening tips, how to run sporting events etc
- Use your membership discount on a wide variety of courses at Denman, the W.I.’s own residential college in Oxfordshire, www.denman.org.uk
There is something for everyone and all ages; it’s not all “Jam & Jerusalem”!
To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the programme of events here.