The parish council has been advised that there has been an incident in the area involving a suspicious door-to-door jewellery buyer.
The police have issued the following guidance:
- Look through the door viewer or window to see who is outside
- If you decide to open the door keep the door-chain on and check the caller’s identity
- Call the organisation’s phone number (by independently looking up first) to confirm their identity – remember official visitors will wait while you check
- Do not feel pressured into buying any items or services at the door
- Do not let them into your house or give them access to any private rooms
- Do not give them information on where valuables are kept
If you have neighbours who might be vulnerable to this type of crime, please alert them.
For more on how you can protect yourself and others, visit the Thames Valley Police website: www.thamesvalley.police.uk