The organisers of this year’s Village Apple Day are looking for volunteers to help with the smooth running of the event on Saturday 13th October.
Jobs that will need doing are:
- Taking delivery of apples, weighing, calculating number of bottles, and issuing collection tickets
- Quality control: checking for damaged fruit, dirt, maggots (not as bad as it sounds)
- Milling: feeding the apples into a milling machine which turns them to pulp
- Pressing: feeding pulp into press to make juice
- Filling bottles with juice
- Pasteurising the filled bottles
- Labelling bottles
- Manning Sales and Collection and receiving payment
- Setting Up (probably the day before)
- Clearing Up (on the day)
- Preparing Lunch, making tea/coffee and generally keeping the workers happy
Cake donations are welcome.
You don’t have to commit to all day: the more volunteers, the easier it will be to work out a rota. If there is a particular task you would like to do then every effort will be made to accommodate you, otherwise you will be allocated as and where needed.
If you can spare the day, or a few hours contact Sally Duff on 01865 407788/07899 097612 or email firstname.lastname@example.org