Long Wittenham School is looking for two new Governors: a Local Authority and a Foundation Governor.
The strategic role of all governors is to:
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Hold the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff;
- Oversee the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
The Foundation Governor also has a role to:
- Ensure the Christian ethos of the school is preserved and developed;
- Ensure that the school provides an act of collective worship for all children every day and that it is in accordance with the tenets and practices of the Church of England;
- Ensure Religious Education is taught in school and supports the spiritual development of the children;
- Ensure that the School Development Plan includes a strategy for the development of areas reflected in the SIAMS (Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools) ‘toolkit’;
- Be prepared to offer challenge and support to the school and parish as they strengthen their links.
Those interested in these positions should contact the Chair of the Governors at email@example.com