As the commemoration of VE Day on 8th May approaches, can you help to “Remember Our Past Heroes by Supporting Today’s” by donating personal care items, edible treats and handmade thank-you cards?
On Sunday 10th May a contactless drop off system will be setup at the Village Hall from 10am to 2pm. Strict social distancing rules will be in place.
From there, all of the items collected will be delivered to the frontline teams at The South Central Ambulance Service, Abingdon Hospital and those distributing to the Oxford University Hospitals and Oxford Community teams. The target is to gather enough donations for 300 care packs. With your help, it can be done.
- Provide a cake / traybake / cup cakes / flapjacks / biscuits (homemade or shop bought)?
- Provide individual, pre-packaged, non-perishable healthy snacks – nuts, seeds, dried fruit – or individual bars of chocolate, packets of Werther’s Original, tea bags or instant coffee?
- Donate new and unused personal care items such as hand wash, hand cream, shower gel, face wipes and moisturiser, deodorant, lip balm or laundry tablets for washing uniforms?
- Could your children make thank-you cards to be included?
- Rally support from local businesses or organisations you are involved with to generate donations?
Let the organisers know what you would like to donate by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot get to the Village Hall, but would still like to donate, items can be collected from Long or Little Wittenham on the day. Please get in touch.
Home-baked items will need to be labelled clearly with ingredients and MUST NOT contain fresh fillings including cream.
Please wrap items securely in foil or cling-film since it will not be possible to return any packaging / containers to you.
And please wash your hands thoroughly during the preparation process and before all deliveries to the Village Hall.
Download the flyer here.