Councillors on South Oxfordshire District Council (SODC) have identified six main themes that they feel are the most important areas they need to focus on. They would like to know how residents, council staff and local organisations such as community groups, businesses and town and parish councils feel about these themes.
The six themes are:
(1) Homes and infrastructure that meet local needs
(2) Improved economic and community wellbeing
(3) Investment and innovation that rebuilds our financial viability
(4) Action on the Climate Emergency
(5) Openness and accountability
(6) Protection and restoration of our natural world
Residents are invited to comment in a survey which will run until midnight on 13th August. It doesn’t just focus on the here and now but is looking for feedback on the council’s priorities over the next four years.
The responses gathered will help councillors finalise their mission statement, known as a Corporate Plan. The plan will enable them to focus the council’s work on what they and those living and working in South Oxfordshire believe will make the district a better place for future generations.