The Parish Council has been advised by Oxfordshire County Council (OCC) of a new planning application which has significant implications for Long Wittenham. It includes the much anticipated new road bridge over the River Thames.
The application is for:
- The dualling of the A4130 carriageway (A4130 Widening) from the Milton Gate Junction eastwards, including the construction of three roundabouts;
- A road bridge over the Great Western Mainline (Didcot Science Bridge) and realignment of the A4130 north east of the proposed road bridge including the relocation of a lagoon;
- Construction of a new road between Didcot and Culham (Didcot to Culham River Crossing) including the construction of three roundabouts, a road bridge over the Appleford railway sidings and road bridge over the River Thames;
- Construction of a new road between the B4015 and A415 (Clifton Hampden bypass), including the provision of one roundabout and associated junctions;
- Controlled crossings, footways and cycleways, landscaping, lighting, noise barriers and sustainable drainage systems.
To view the application details and to comment, go to the OCC website:
The deadline for comments is 11th December 2021.