The Long Wittenham Dog Club is for people from Long Wittenham and surrounding area, who have an interest in dogs – it is not exclusive to dog owners. The club was started in May 2021, as the country emerged from Covid lock-down.
Our weekly walks in the Long Wittenham area have proved good fun for the dogs, and nicely sociable for their owners/handlers. We meet every Saturday morning at 10am, in the Neptune wood meadow in Long Wittenham for “Mutts In The Meadow”, (as it has become known). For communication, the club has an email list and a WhatsApp group.
All existing and new members are expected to abide by the following set of rules:
- Handlers/owners are responsible for their dog at all times
- No dangerous or aggressive dogs
- Bag and bin your dog’s poo (Particularly in respect of Neptune wood meadow, which the Earth Trust kindly let us use.)
- If you have a bitch, please do not bring her to club walks when she is on heat
- No throwing balls or sticks – there are some dogs with injuries who should not be chasing balls or sticks – please keep these for your private walks
- While gathering in the meadow, waiting for Mutts in the meadow to start, please be sure to wait at least 30m away from the gate, in order to give free access to the meadow to other walkers and dog owners
If this group is something that might interest you, please contact David Corney at firstname.lastname@example.org.