Route 3 (D/C): Abingdon to Milton Park
Improvements to an off-road section between Milton Park and Sutton Courtenay (3D) and signage improvements along Drayton Road, Brook Street, High Street
and Milton Road (3C).
- Detailed design was submitted on 7 July and is currently being reviewed before procurement can commence. The approved drawings will be available on the project page with the
- Application to Environment Agency (EA) for working in close proximity to a river was submitted on 8 June. Construction is programmed for early September 2020.
- Planning permission was granted by Vale of White Horse Planning Authority, on 25 June, to provide a 700m long x 3m wide, combined cycle and pedestrian route.
- Scheduled Ancient Monument consent was also granted, in June by the Secretary of State, for the works to proceed as per the submitted design, subject to certain
conditions being adhered to.
Route 5 (G): Didcot to Harwell Campus
New stepped cycle track (approx. 900m) along Wantage Road, between Didcot Community Hospital and the B4493 Wantage Road Roundabout.
- Taylor Wimpey have resumed construction activities on some of their projects and re-started the final stages of procurement for this section in June. The contractor
has recently been appointed and final preparatory works, including notices, letter to residents and signing of the s278 agreement are underway and are expected to be completed by 24 July.
- The construction is scheduled to start on 27 July, subject to above activities being finalised. Construction completion is programmed for end of March 2021.
Route 7A (A&C): Abingdon to Culham Science Centre
(*contingent on other routes).
Improvements to existing off-road tracks along Abbey Meadows, from Abbey Close to Barton Ln.
- Detailed design is underway and is due to be completed w/c 20 July. EA application, for working on a flood plain and near the river was submitted on 25 June. Construction is
scheduled for late September with advanced vegetation clearance starting early September.
(*providing there is sufficient funding available to proceed to construction).
Route 8G: Didcot to Culham Science Centre
New ramped cycle by-pass lanes at two build-outs on the High Street in Long Wittenham (at the Red Barn and at No 35 High Street).
- Detailed design has been resumed in June and the final drawings will be submitted w/c 27 July. Procurement is scheduled to start w/c 3 August and construction will commence