The Public Health and Community Safety team at Oxfordshire County Council (OCC) has asked the Parish Council to remind residents that they can benefit from the advice and support of Better Housing Better Health, a service that helps those worrying about their home energy to create warmer, healthier and happier homes.
Last year, through the service’s free helpline and their free home visit service (BHBH+), the team of trained advisors helped over 2500 residents with the aim this year to help even more.
The service can help:
- Residents who are finding it hard to understand energy bills, pay for fuel or read meters
- Access funding to replace old and broken heating systems
- Access funding for insulation measures
- Reduce damp, condensation and mould by better ways of managing a home
- Understand and programme heating controls
- Making onward referrals to additional support services, such as Benefits advice and debt support
- For some residents they may be eligible for additional heating support depending on their situation
To speak to the friendly team, call 0800 107 0044 or visit www.bhbh.org.uk to complete the online referral form or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.