The planning application for the Community Hub has been submitted to South Oxfordshire District Council (SODC) and the details are now on the SODC website for public consultation.
This is a significant step towards getting the new facilities that the village needs: new village hall, new primary school and pre-school. The application is here:
The Parish Council encourages all residents to send comments of support to SODC. This is easily done on the SODC website (click on “Comment now”). A general statement of support will be very valuable in getting the application approved, but you may also want to refer to some of the main features of the plan, which include:
- A new school with enlarged playing fields.
- A new village hall, double the size of the current hall.
- Both the school and village hall will be “carbon neutral”.
- Both the school and village hall will be provided at no cost to the public purse.
- 45 new houses, including one and two bedroom houses as requested in the village survey.
- A range of house designs to complement the eclectic house styles in the village.
- The existing village hall and school sites will be converted into houses, retaining the historic parts of both buildings.
- A new village green on the High Street.
Comments can also be sent by post to:
South Oxfordshire District Council
Quoting the planning application reference P23/S1474/FUL
The public consultation will close on 8th June 2023.
For more information contact parish councillor Peter Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org
Totally oppose this. Build them somewhere else, maybe the other end of the village…
Hopefully they will get on and build quickly. The prefab parts of the current school are very worn out. Kids in the village deserve better.
Houses will be built by developers anywhere and everywhere, so at least this scheme is planned by the village and will hopefully reach the targets required to stop lots of other buildings going up. The current school needs to be replaced. I just hope there is adequate off road parking and dropping spaces so that we don’t have the same problem with cars stopping in the main road to let their kids off and parking outside the village hall, as is currently the case, with the existing school and hall.